Leicester Deaf Action Group – Deaf Charitable Incorporated Organisation
This organisation is user led. Aiming to empower and equip Deaf people to live independent lives.
- It offers a Deaf Centre housed within No 12 Frog Island, North Bridge Place, Leicester LE3 5AG
- Support weekly open house – every Monday (except for Bank Holidays)
- Developing a charity shop at the front of No 12, providing volunteering and fundraising opportunities for Deaf people.
- Represents the views of Deaf people in improving access to statutory and voluntary sector organisations. Raising awareness on access needs and promoting choice. We have built good links with Leicestershire Police and local NHS/Health organisations.
- Works with other organisations within the Deaf Centre, identifying needs and supporting service development as identified as a need by the community.
- Has representatives on the Leicester Deaf Forum – a forum consisting of Deaf representatives of all of the Deaf community groups in Leicestershire – not including service providers.
- Developing a volunteer service to give Deaf people and hearing people opportunities to support the organisations and gain vital skills which will support them to look for work.